Hanover Bike Walk Committee
Last Content Update:
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Second Monday of the Month, 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Jennie Chamberlain - Chair, Selectboard Liaison
- Joanna Whitcomb - Selectboard Alternate
- Lara Acker
- David Anderson
- Tim Cox
- David Dostal
- Scot Drysdale
- Patrick Luckow
- Nicolás Macri
- Hugh Mellert
- Bill Young
- Robert Houseman - Director of Planning, Building and Codes
Hanover Bike Walk also maintains a dedicated website that also links to Hanover's Bike Walk Plan.
Walking, biking, and other forms of active mobility, along with shared mobility services such as transit and micro-transit, will be safe, welcoming, comfortable and convenient for everyday travel around Hanover for people of all ages and abilities.
Hanover Bike Walk Committee is dedicated to influencing public policy, the design and operation of a walk bike network inclusive, and the routine and ongoing maintenance of this network for the safe, comfortable and convenient accommodation of walking and bicycling, and the use of other active mobility devices by people of all ages and abilities for transportation, commuting, recreation, individual and environmental health.
The Committee informs and advises the Town, engages with, educates and represents concerns from the public on matters pertaining to walk and bike accessibility, safety and road design consistent with the values and objectives expressed in the Town of Hanover Master Plan.
- Make a significant shift of everyday trips to walking and biking as a sustainable transportation mode
- Create a walk bike network that is safe for users of all ages and abilities
- Innovate and be an early adopter of best practices in walk and bike network operation and infrastructure