Welcome to Episode #3 of Hanover Happenings! In this month's episode, we cover the following topics:
- Overview of Selectboard meeting agenda items from September 12th and 26th
- September Town Manager report, including updates on:
- Hiring and Staffing
- Ongoing Salary Study
- Primary Election Update
- Sustainable Master Plan Update
- Rental Housing Inspection Ordinance Update
- Housing Updates
- Is it budget time already??
- Community/Economic Development
- Mental Health Resources and Access
- A few other updates
- A great interview with our next "Employee Spotlight"
- This month we talk to Sarah Molesworth, a part-time librarian at the Etna Library, who just took a month off to hike the entire 272 mile Long Trail in Vermont. Check out our conversation!
Head over to Hanover Happenings or search for "Hanover Happenings" in your favorite podcast player, such as Spotify, Apple, Google, Amazon, etc.
And if you are interested in diving deeper into some of the hiring challenges facing many Upper Valley local governments (including Hanover), check out the piece Alex wrote on Substack, reflecting on some lessons and thoughts from a meeting he hosted last week with other Town Managers in New Hampshire about these issues. They reflect on recruitment strategies, the importance of healthy civic spaces, lay out a plan to work together to address these issues together, and a whole lot more.
Thanks for reading!
Town of Hanover