Burn Permit Information

Permits are required for outdoor open burning (unless there is complete snow cover in the area you plan to burn) and fires must be attended to at all times by the permit holder.  You must own the property on which you plan to burn or have written permission from the property owner allowing you to burn on their property.  Please note that burning may be prohibited due to dry or windy conditions, depending on the weather classification.
Note:  Always call the Fire Department the day you intend to burn at (603) 643-3424. This includes seasonal permit holders.
Permits can be obtained at the Hanover Fire Department's main station located at 48 Lyme Road or by going online to the New Hampshire Division of Forests and Lands (see link below). Etna residents choosing to use the online option must use Hanover for both their contact and burn address when filling out the application form.
To find out more about the online option, as well as the rules and regulations, go to...  https://nhdflweb.sovsportsnet.net/