Hanover Residents Please Take Note
Public Hearing on Proposed Zoning Amendments
The Planning Board will meet on Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 7:30 PM at the Town Offices, Main Street, Hanover, for a public hearing on proposed zoning amendments. The amendments are summarized below. The complete text is available at the Town Planning and Zoning Office.
- Amend Section 1005.4 to remove the requirement for 270 square feet to be set aside for each required off-street parking space. This allows parking arrangements that might function differently from typical surface parking lots, such as stacking systems.
- Amend Section 1004.7 by removing the word “residential” in order to clarify where recreational equipment may be parked or stored on all lots.
- Amend Section 715.2 by adding a new paragraph to allow for recreational uses, not more than two signs at each point of entry from a public street, and establishing the setback from the street line and setting a limit on the size of such signs.
- Amend Section 504.2 C (7) to remove the requirement that the Planning Board reviews elements that project into an existing or proposed ten-foot sidewalk located within the required front setback in the “D” and “I” zoning districts. The criteria that guide the Planning Board’s review of such intrusions would also be removed from the Zoning Ordinance.
- Amend the Zoning Ordinance to be clear regarding the permitting required for solar systems. Definitions of solar energy systems would be added to Section 302. The definition of lot coverage would be amended to exclude any portion of a solar energy system. Ground-mounted solar installations would be allowed as principal uses by special exception in certain districts (BM, OL, I, RR and F), and accessory uses in all district, except “NP”. Section 505.2 would be amended to allow building mounted solar systems to extend no more than 20 feet above the building height limit established for the “D” and “I” zoning districts. In all districts except the “D’ and “I” zoning districts, ground-mounted solar systems would not exceed the maximum building height established for the district. A new section 718 would be added to enable building mounted solar systems as accessory uses in every district and ground mounted solar systems as accessory uses in the SR, GR, RR, GP, I, F, OL and BM zoning districts, but not in setback areas.