- Bins or containers must be out by 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled pickup day.
- No trash bags or paper bags are allowed to be used to hold recyclables.
- Although we have allowed residents to use paper bags to collect recyclables, Casella is discouraging this practice due to rainy weather and the paper bags falling apart when the driver tries to pick this up with recyclables in it.
- Cardboard must be cut down into 2' x 2' sections and flattened. The reason for this is that the opening in the recycle truck for cardboard is only 2' wide.
- If you have an overabundance of recycling, all we ask is that you give Casella a call at 1-802-295-2660 and let them know in advance so that they can plan their route accordingly. Not calling them ahead of time may mean that only a portion of your recyclables will be picked up due to limitation of space in the truck and their need to pick up everyone else on the route.
For answers to any questions you may have about the Town's recycling program, please contact the Hanover Public Works Department at 643-3327.
Please note that you can always bring your CLEAN recyclables down to the Lebanon Solid Waste Facility at any time. There is no fee for this.